30 January 2008

Princess Spit-up

Gracie has a new parlor trick- spitting up. What fun! I know it is normal and all that, but LORD help me with the laundry issue. That stuff does NOT come out! I now know why babies outgrow clothes so fast- because they ruin them at the same rate! All you moms to be out there- enjoy your newborn wearing clean clothes while you can, because I'm telling you, after 3 weeks, the clothes they fit into (which for Gracie amounts to not many) are all going to be stained. That baby detergent isn't cutting it. I've got to get some stain stuff. And the stuff that comes out of her is disgusting. I've done everything I'm supposed to: making sure to burp her (though usually she won't burp before she spits up), not overfeeding her, putting her on the incline sleeper... She does do better on her side than on her back. It is SO frustrating- I finally get her fed, diaper changed, clean clothes on, she's sleepy- then I lay her down and not 2 minutes later she's got slimy spit-up on her, on her clothes, in her bed... And I've got to haul her out, clean her up, change her clothes (usually change her diaper AGAIN), clean out her bed, calm her down again. It's like an unending cycle. I sure hope this phase is over soon.

1 comment:

tarheel4life said...

try Oxi-clean (the spray-not the powder). Drench the clothes with it and let it sit overnight...stains come right out!