13 January 2008

Happy Birthday Savannah Gracelyn!!!

It's Sara again- she's HERE!!!! Gracie was FINALLY born, after 2.5 hours of serious pushing, at 4:27 am, weighing 6 pounds 11 ounces and 19 inches long! She had a hard time maneuvering past my pelvic bone, but once she did it went MUCH quicker. The doc was almost considering a c-section, and that got me serious about pushing. Her shoulder got stuck for just a minute and out she came! I cannot believe I actually did it, and that she is finally here. Hard to believe she lived inside me for so long.
She is absolutely beautiful (pics later today) if we do say so ourselves. Her little head is a bit wonky, but otherwise perfect (not all squishy-looking like some of them). She is resting, and Dad and I got in a quick nap, too. She gets fed in just a bit.
I gotta go for now, but I will update later.
Love you all!!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

YAY!!!!! :D

Congratulations, y'all!

We are so excited for you guys... so glad she is finally here :)

I need lots of photos to tide me over till we can get up there and meet her!

Mika's Minion said...

Welcome, li'l Gracie and congrats to the Kittiboo family!

Love from
Mika's Minion AKA Liz

tarheel4life said...

she is beautiful!!!! I am so happy for you :)

myra said...

I wanted to tell you all Congratulations!!!! I was going to name my future daughter Savannah Grace. I guess now I will be choosing another name. LOL! ! !