22 January 2008

Doctor visits all around

We had a morning of doctor visits. Gracie had a weight check appt. that turned into an early 2 week check up. She's doing just fine! She's back up to her birth weight, which is good. She goes again at one month. No shots until 2 months, though- I'm gonna need a sedative for that appointment!
Then I got to go to the dr, as I seem to have acquired a UTI (feeling your pain, Kelly!). Lovely. Not unexpected, though. She checked everything out and I'm healing fine, and she put me on Cipro for the UTI.
At the risk of receiving death threats, I have to report that I have lost all my pregnancy weight (all whopping 12 pounds of it) plus 2 more pounds. That's right, folks, I now weigh LESS than I did before I got pregnant. Thank you, Gracie! I would really like to try to keep losing, as I seem to have a good start. I have discovered that my gall bladder issue seems to have resolved itself. It must be glad to be back in its original position, because I've been eating whatever and haven't had any more attacks. Phew! I want to try to continue the low-fat diet, and once Gracie gets old enough for the nursery at the Y, I'd like to be able to get back into working out some, or even just walking with Gracie when the weather warms up. I lost most of my weight in my legs and butt (where I really NEEDED to lose it) so I feel like I look much better. Maybe I can get back to where I was when I was first dating Randy...
Gracie had her first trip to the Target today- of many to come, I'm sure. We're gonna try to go to BJ's or Sam's club and see what their deals are on baby stuff, soon. Maybe save us some money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the 2 month appt SUCKS....yes you will need sedation