28 January 2008

A road trip

Randy had to go up to Elkton, VA to his jobsite this week to get some stuff done. He needs to be here most of the week. I did NOT want to be by myself all week. So- we packed up half of our house and Gracie and I came along for the ride! Yes, we are certifiably crazy. But it has gone really well. We're staying at an extended stay place with a full kitchen (even has a dishwasher!) and it isn't too much different from home, since we tended to stay in the bedroom anyway. The hard part was packing all of Gracie's stuff in the car- but we did it! We brought her co-sleeper, and I don't think she has any idea that we are not home. We brought food and stuff, too. Randy's jobsite is 15 minutes away, so we've gotten to see him way more than we were even at home, which is nice.

So, we're here until Thursday, just chillin'. I have internet, TV, a DVD player and a wee child to keep me busy. Not bad for a first road trip...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA SOUNDS FUN .... CANT WAIT TILL YOU GET BACK .... DRIVE SAFE .... SEE YA SOON!!!!