21 January 2008

The best baby EVER!

I swear, Randy and I seriously lucked out with this child. Not only is she gorgeous, she is SO well behaved! She rarely cries (only when she is cold or being dressed), eats pretty good, burps well (thanks Uncle Kevin!), sleeps great and loves her carseat. We can't complain about her at all, except for her habit of peeing in the middle of a diaper change. We typically use 2 or 3 diapers per change, since as soon as you get the new one on, she starts peeing in it! We also keep a "decoy" diaper (one of the brands we don't like) to put under her while we clean her up. We're gonna single-handedly keep the Pampers company in business! (By the way, moms-to-be, Pampers Swaddlers are great diapers- they have some sort of stay-dry liner that really seems to work well).
Gracie seems to be on a pretty good schedule- sleep for 3 hours, wake up (fuss a bit, but no crying), get changed, eat 2-3 ounces, stay awake for a little while (or a long while, depending on what's going on), go back to sleep. She's great about being put down in her co-sleeper crib awake- she just looks around and swings her little arms around then settles down after a bit and goes to sleep. She likes to sleep on her side, and we have an inclined positioner with wedges to keep her in place, which she seems to like. She ALWAYS has her hands up by her face, and sleeps with them near or under her head. So cute! I need to try to get her to sleep on her right side some- she definitely prefers her left side.

Randy is out of town in Virginia today, so Sherry came to hang out with me, and Grant's mom, dad and nana came by to meet (spoil) Gracie. Randy's on his way home now, but will be here late. I think I'm gonna take a nap while I wait for him.

Gracie has a Dr. appt. tomorrow- I hate to take her out in this freezing weather! But at least we get to leave the house for a bit.

Not much else going on. I'm sure I'll think of something later...

A gratuitous baby pic:

3 comments:

tarheel4life said...

what a beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

yall sure got lucky with gracie...keep warm in the cold winter weather!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a box of stuff to send you (including an almost full pack of NB swaddlers) so bear with me and I will get it to you eventually--I swear!!