02 January 2008

Back to school...

Today was my first day back to work. YUCK. Gracie needs to come on out, just so I don't have to go to work. We had a difficult conference first thing this morning, such a good way to start off a new year/quarter/day. We also started our new schedule, which went ok, except that it was below 30 degrees most of the day. I'm glad I had indoor cafeteria duty instead of 1.5 hours of RECESS duty in this weather. But it was hard on me to stand on my feet for an hour and a half. My lower back is really sore, as are my feet. We had a hard time with only 3 of us in the cafeteria with having to serve kindergarteners and deal with 5th graders at the same time. Plus, I'm really worried about what they are going to do when I go on maternity leave, or even just if one of us 3 is out or subbing- it will be impossible with only 2 people! I shouldn't worry, because I know I won't be there to have to deal with it, but I do worry. Oh well.
Not much else going on. The weather is too cold to talk about. We had a few flurries today, but I missed them. Ooh, maybe we'll get some snow soon (we did have a thunderstorm a few days ago!) and miss a day of school, then we can make it up on a Saturday! That would be awesome, because you know half the kids wouldn't show up, and we don't have to feed them lunch or do recess, and we only have to be there for 3 hours! I'll give up a Sat. morning for that! Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this sense of obligation to work is a foreign concept to me. :) You must like your job, can't remember how many years it was that I actually cared what went on when I wasn't at my old job. LOL.

Can't wait for Gracie!

Anonymous said...

anyday gracie take your time hahah