30 December 2007

Jonah

This is Jonah:

Looks innocent enough, right? So cute, so fuzzy. So incredibly EVIL it's not even funny!
He got to go to the vet yesterday. Had to get a rabies shot. What a fiasco. He HATES strangers, so we knew it would be a disaster. We had booked Dr. Conley and my friend Lara the tech, because they are both familiar with him. Lara took the carrier to the back to get him out, in an effort to see if it would help to get him out not in our presence. She actually came back into the room CARRYING him in her arms (she did have one leather glove on), but we thought MAYBE he was going to behave (riiiiight). She got grips on him on the exam table (sans gloves!) and Dr. C got as far as looking in his ears before he freaked. And I mean, FREAKED. Started rolling like a crocodile, tried to eat Lara, jumped off the table and cowered under a chair. When Lara went to get him, he then pooped and peed ALL OVER himself. Eventually he was forced back onto the table (this time WITH gloves on), got his shot, got cleaned up as best they could do, and shoved back in the carrier. What a mess! When we got him home, I had to throw him in the tub and sponge him down (I didn't want to get him totally wet) as best we could to get the stink off. Disaster, I'm telling you. But, he has recovered just fine, and is street-legal, at least.
In other news, things are just peachy. It is pouring down rain (which we desperately need) and quite a miserable, stay-in-the-house kinda day. I need to do some housework, but am trying to work up the motivation. I go back to work on Wed, so I am praying that Gracie decides to make her debut before then, so I don't have to go back!!! I'm NOT looking forward to it.
I am doing SO much better pain-wise since I've been avoiding fat in my diet. It really helps, and I actually feel like a normal person most of the time! (well, a normal person who is carrying around a lead-filled basketball in her belly!) I've been sleeping ok, too! It's kinda hard to find stuff I want to eat still, but it is totally worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa!! poor jonah....too bad not as sweet as his brother.

Glad you are feeling good! :)

Anonymous said...

t t