12 December 2007

Some updates

I had my abdominal ultrasound on Monday. It went fine- the girl was really nice and gave us a peek at Gracie at the end (even though she wasn't supposed to), but she was sound asleep- the most exciting thing she did was move her hand a bit! She is definitely a girl, though- we checked!
It was an uncomfortable ultrasound since all my organs are so squished in my ribcage. The tech wouldn't tell me anything she saw, but Randy and I both are pretty sure there are at least 3 stones in my gall bladder! Oh, joy. She also measured something in my left kidney (I couldn't see the screen when she did the right kidney, but there is a known stone in there), but I don't think kidney stones have caused my pain. I have an OB appt. tomorrow so I guess I'll find out what they want to do then.
I've got to go to Babies R Us and give them a hard time today about the dresser/changing table we ordered more than 3 WEEKS ago! It was supposed to be at the store in 7-14 days. I've been calling almost every day, and I want some answers, in person, today.
We've had a busy week- Christmas parties, Dr. appointments and such. We went last night to The Mixing Bowl and made us a BUNCH of dinners to have in the freezer for when Gracie arrives and we can't get out of the house as easily. We did all full sized meals (for 4-6 people) and split them up into Randy and Sara meals when we got home. We have at least 15 meals in the freezer, which is great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CRAP!! I hope the news is better than you think. How yucky. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your stones!

What is the Mixing Bowl????

Sara and Randy said...

Shelly- check out www.themixingbowl.com It's one of those places you go and make meals (they have all the ingredients and containers and recipes set up) that you then put in the freezer and cook them when you want them. I did it to try it out a couple months ago, and it was fun, easy, and the food was great! So we thought it would be great for the first couple months when we can't go out to eat like we're used to doing. We HATE to grocery shop!

Anonymous said...

I love love love to grocery shop! If you ever need a shopper, I'm your girl. Crazy, I know. Hope everything goes well at the Dr.'s!