13 December 2007

The Verdict

Went to the Dr. today. The doc came in and did the usual poke, prod and listen bit, then asked if I had any concerns. I was like, uh, YEAH! Can I get my ultrasound results?? He had no idea what I was talking about, and I sure hate it when Dr.'s don't bother to review a chart before they see someone they've never seen before. So he had to go track down the report from the u/s place, but he told me all my bloodwork was normal. He finally got the report, and I evidently have multiple polyps in my gall bladder (as well as some insignificant stones in both kidneys). So the offending gall bladder will have to be removed at some point after Gracie is born. Evidently the difference b/t polyps and stones is that polyps are attached and stones are free-floating, but they cause the same problems. So, until I get around to having a lap choly done, I'm supposed to minimize symtoms (read: pain) by avoiding fatty foods. All of my favorite foods are fatty! I can't have MILK (I Love Milk!) among every other good-tasting food out there. Grrrrr. He also Rx'ed me some Lor-tabs for pain.
Other than that, the appt. went fine. I had to have MORE freakin' blood drawn for some state-required test. I had gained 2 pounds and am measuring right on track. I go back in 3 weeks.
Oh, I did get some results (I hope) from Babies R Us regarding the dresser- it should be on their delivery truck tomorrow. The manager had to get on the phone to the warehouse and basically DEMAND that they put one of 140-some dressers they have in the warehouse on the truck. So keep fingers crossed that it makes it here tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Well, that's no fun that you'll have to have one major medical procedure right after another. Bleh.

Give 'em hell at the BRU!