25 January 2008

It be cold...

Cold outside (I think the high today was only 38 degrees!), cold inside... Our house has a huge vaulted ceiling in the living room, and also over our entryway. All the warm air goes straight up there, leaving the first floor very drafty and chilly. We have the heat turned way up (can't wait to see our power bill this month), and a space heater that we tote around with us from room to room, to keep Gracie warm. Still, all the heat escapes. It sucks.
I had to drag Gracie out in the cold today for a trip to the post office. Let me tell you what an idiot our mail carrier is: Gracie's photos that we ordered from the hospital were delivered the other day. They were in an envelope that clearly stated "Baby photos enclosed- DO NOT BEND". So guess what? Yep, the dummy folded and crammed the envelope (about 10"x 13") into our mail box (about 8" x 10"). RUINED the photos. That I paid $40 for!!! I was livid. I talked to a guy at our local post office station, and he said to bring the envelope/pics to them and talk to the supervisor. I did that today, and they were very nice (strange for the post office, huh?) and told me they would reimburse me, because it was NOT acceptable for the carrier to do that, and that he/she would be disciplined. YES! I'm glad I did not have to throw a conniption fit at them.
Gracie had a rough day yesterday (well, we both did). She had gone quite a while without pooping, and she was very cranky. Plus, I think because she was a bit backed up, she projectile vomited formula on me and halfway across the room! She had eaten more than she usually does, and I guess had reached her limit. When they say you'll know the difference between vomit and spit-up, they are NOT kidding. This was reminiscent of the Exorcist! Luckily, she hasn't done that again, and she did FINALLY poop last night. Boy, talk about a full diaper. Power to the Pampers company for making diapers that can contain all that. She was fussy all day. Until Daddy got home- of course, all he has to do is pick her up and she goes RIGHT to sleep on his chest. Can't wait until she's a teenager daddy's girl... We've had a great day, today, though. Calm, and I was able to get some stuff done (working on birth announcements). At least it is Friday!

No comments: