15 January 2008

Night One

We made it through our first night at home! We got home from the hospital after a brief stop at Randy's office so he could get some stuff together at about 6:00 last night. We stopped at the groceteria to pick up our order, too, so we have some food in the house. Everything was so calm yesterday evening, after I got everything put away. And we had a good first overnight. It really wasn't bad at all. Of course, she did seem to wake up more often to eat than she has been (every 2-3 hours instead of 3-4), and I suppose that's because she's hungrier now. We put her down after a last feeding at about 1:00, and we both got up at 3:00 to feed and change her, then I got up at 5:30 but she didn't eat much, and then Randy got up and gave her the rest of the bottle at 6:15-ish. Then we all woke up at 8:45 or so, I fed and changed her and she and her Daddy went back to sleep in the bed while I got a bath. It's now 10:30 and we're up for the day. Let's see if we can wear her out today and get her good and sleepy for tonight!
I feel pretty good today- still sore, but better. My bath really helped. We need to get some stuff at Target or Babies R Us that we didn't get before, due to her early arrival. I'm gonna try to make a list and send Randy, or have him stay here and let me go later on.
Gracie has her first Dr. appt tomorrow morning. I hope everything goes well.
We successfully introduced Gracie to the cats- they were concerned and curious at first, sniffing all her stuff and being shy, but now they all are back to normal- ignoring her for the most part! Jonah gets very worried when she cries, but they are giving her space and being very good. Shelby is at the kennel, not sure when we're gonna pick her up- we'll wait til she's good and worn out, I think!
I just have to say that I have been so emotional over this child. I never imagined I could love someone so incredibly much. It almost hurts! I would do ANYTHING for her and I worry constantly that something bad might happen to her- paranoid first-time parent syndrome, I guess. And seeing her with Randy makes my heart melt! He is INCREDIBLE with her, and they are the cutest thing together. He's so good about doing whatever needs to be done, and going way above and beyond my wildest expectations in caring for her, and me. I didn't think I had much more love in my heart, but now I know better. I love them both more than I could ever say.
I will write more later- this is such a great outlet for keeping track of our adventures as parents! For now, I smell poopy... =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good First Night experience! Yay Mommy Sara!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear everything is going good!!!!