01 February 2008

Date Nite!

So we are back in Raleigh (yay!), and Randy and I had a real date last night! Matt Williams came to Raleigh to do a show, and we haven't seen him for over a year. We were really excited! So Grandma got to watch Gracie for the night, and she even kept her overnight for us! I got 8 hours of sleep- in a row!! It was fabulous. And Gracie did fine. I missed her, though! But I didn't go get her in the middle of the night.
The show was a big disappointment. It was a really swanky place, Oliver Twist, which is a tapas/martini bar. The food was really good (if pricey). But the show got started late, and it was a variety show, so there were several performers (musical and one comedian, who sucked!), and Matt as supposed to be headlining. It was midnight before he started playing solo (he did some jamming with the house band), and then, he only got to do 3 songs!!!! And they had his mic all messed up for the first two! Evidently, the manager (?) wasn't very musically inclined, and she didn't like that Matt was playing without drums (even though his music has obvious rhythm even without traditional percussion!) so she sent the house band drummer on stage to play with him, unrehearsed. Then they cut him off so that another performer could play. We were so upset!! Matt and his parents were really pissed, and we don't blame them. He apologized to us for the show, even though it totally wasn't his fault. He had driven 6 hours to do this show, and got totally gypped. And I had a migraine through the whole thing, which made it miserable for me, and the house band (et al) had their bass turned up way too loud, which just made the migraine even worse. At least I got a full night's sleep- I am very grateful to Randy's mom for taking Gracie for the night.
We're glad to be home. It has taken me most of the afternoon to get my house back in order, and I haven't started on the kitchen yet! Gracie is snoozing in her papasan chair- she was fussing, so I put her in it and turned on the vibration, and she was out like a light! The batteries were near death, so the vibrating only lasted a few minutes, but it was enough to do the trick.
I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice- it's about time!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Well that stinks re: MW! What a gyp.

At least y'all were able to get out and relax for awhile :)

Anonymous said...

oooh! I am jealous of your sleep!!