05 February 2008

Attention Moms-to-be!

I thought I would post a list of the items I have found to be most useful for Gracie, so far. I'm sure the list will grow as she does, but as you are considering your registries, these are items that I would rather not do without:
* The Arms Reach mini Co-sleeper. Ours is in the lovely color of fern. We don't use it attached to the bed, but we have it in our room at night, and the wheels on it allow us to wheel it into the living room (or wherever) so I can keep an eye on her as she sleeps. We carried it with us to Viriginia last week, and it was great! It takes a couple times before you get good at collapsing it and setting it up, and it is a bit heavy, but it folds up pretty small. We love it!
*The bottle brush. I have no idea what brand it is, but I think they are all good. It makes washing bottles SO easy.
*Playtex drop-ins bottles. These rock. I like the fat nipples on them (Gracie seems to like them, too), and the disposable liners are very convenient. Plus, they heat up really quick (which, when the baby is screaming her head off for food is a VERY good thing!), and they do seem to reduce the amount of air she swallows. She's gassy enough as it is!
*The little mesh dishwasher thingies that hold the small bottle parts (nipples and rings). They are very stretchy and can fit a lot more pieces-parts than you'd think. I don't wash bottles very often in the dishwasher (we're in a drought, here!) but when I do these are great.
*Pampers Swaddlers diapers. They are very soft and quite absorbent, and they really do seem to keep her bottom dry, even when soaking wet. They do leak poo sometimes, but Gracie pushes them to the limit with her gigantor poos. I have some Huggies but they just seem uncomfortable and don't seem to absorb as much.
*Huggies wipes. They are much thicker than the Pampers wipes. Thick=good.
*A bottle drying rack. I don't know what brand I have, but this is something I didn't think I'd need. WRONG! I love it. Keeps things very organized.
*Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Chair. Gracie likes the vibration, and even though it eats batteries, it does automatically cut off after 15 minutes.
*DIAPER GENIE II- This thing ROCKS! It totally contains the smell, even when changing it. It is very easy to change, too. Holds plenty of diapers.
*Bibs. I totally underrated bibs and didn't think I'd use them much until she was eating solids. I had no idea how much milk can leak all over a baby! I have a zillion of them, and go through them like crazy.
*Wipes warmer. What a luxury, but I know Gracie appreciates it- I hate to use the cold ones when we're not at home, it just seems cruel to our spoiled child...
*My small diaper bag. Fits just what we need for a day out of the house, and isn't so big you hate to carry it around. Don't buy a huge diaper bag for everyday use- a small one works just fine.
*Kiddopotamus Snuzzler head support. This thing looks SO comfy! I want one! Gracie got too hot when I had the side supports in her carseat, but I took them out and just use the head part. Keeps her head very well supported.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll post more as I think of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should have gotten you a lifetime supply of batteries for that chair! Lol.

Anonymous said...

I did a list similar to this one on my blog back in the day, and the item that you and I both listed is Pampers Swaddlers. Woohoo! They are great. I still have some to send you, waiting for the roads to clear up so I can venture to the post office.

myra said...

Yeah I have heard very good things about the papasan seat.. My next baby I think I am going to get the Papasan swing!