15 February 2008

Our Valentine's Day

First, I have to brag for a minute about my fabulous husband. He is the sweetest guy I have ever known! I *thought* we had agreed not to get each other anything for Valentine's Day. Well, ok, I knew he wouldn't stick to that, and that he'd end up getting me something, but I wasn't expecting what he got me. I couldn't think of anything to get him, so Gracie and I baked him some cupcakes, and I bought some champagne (which we didn't end up drinking- we went straight to sleep!). Randy got me and Gracie a diamond necklace! He said he bought it with the intention that I will wear it for now, until Gracie gets old enough and then it will be hers (maybe on her sweet 16, or graduation or wedding day...). It is absolutely beautiful, a tension-set solitaire that is internally flawless. He said that he got a flawless diamond because there is nothing else in the world so flawless as our perfect daughter, except for maybe that diamond. Here are a couple pics (sorry, all I have is a digital point and shoot- I can hear Erika cringing at these pics from all the way in NH!!)




Randy said he thought the setting looked like the stone was in a cradle, which is why he liked it and that it would have significance for Gracie's birth. I absolutely love it!
We also went out to dinner at Bogart's, which was good. Gracie spent the night at Grandma's, so the best part may be that we got at least 8 hours of solid sleep!! I feel very refreshed today, and Gracie has been good as gold since she got home. So a great V-day all in all!

4 comments:

tarheel4life said...

wow - I am completely jealous!!!!

Anonymous said...

sniff, sniff... that is sooooo sweet and thoughtful! What a good hubby!

myra said...

AHHH! ! That is so sweet! !

Anonymous said...

Kevin and I totally snuck over on Val. Day to see your daughter by the way! Can't believe how big she's gotten! Love it!!