10 February 2008

80's Quiz

1 How old were you in 1980? 2
2. How old were you in 1989? 11
3. Were you a Toys R' Us kid? No, I was more of a K-mart kid
4. Did you watch Transformers? Not often- I was into Voltron!
5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen? Yes
6. Did you own a Lite Brite? No! I really wanted one. I had to play with them at other kids' houses. I can still sing the commercial jingle though! (I planted a song-bomb!!!)
7. Who is your Favorite Golden Girl? Sophia- she's spunky!
8. When someone says " Who you gonna call"? Ghostbusters!
9. What was your favorite toy? Sit-n-Spin, when I was really little
10. Did you have a Hyper-color shirt? YES! One that was pink and turned purple, and one that was green and turned yellow. I think I still have them, saved in a box somewhere. They still work!
11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block? Yes.
12. 'Forever Young'- Alphaville or Rod Stewart? Rod Stewart.
13. Freddy or Jason? Neither... I thought those movies were lame.
14. Did you have a Swatch Watch? Yes ! Several, that I wore at the same time- and you HAD to have the Swatch guard!
15. USA for Africa or Band-Aid? USA for Africa "We Are The World"
16. Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? Ferris Bueller! Love that movie! "With a TV and a BAR!"
17. Star Wars Toys or GI Joe? Star Wars! I had a Return of the Jedi sleeping bag
18. Did you ever play MASH? Heck ya...Mansion, Apartment, Shack or House!
19. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles? Both!! I still love them both!!!
20. Did you have a crazy hairstyle? I was all about the bangs, dude
21. What was your first bike? A purple unicorn themed bike with a banana seat
22. Name one thing you still own from your childhood? My Tee-Bear
23. Did you have a Cabbage Patch doll? Yes! I think my mom had to beat up another mom for it.
24. Madonna or Cyndi Lauper? I was more into Tiffany
25. Night Court or Cosby Show? Cosby. But I did watch Night Court
26. Did you watch Miami Vice? No. I was into Knight Rider, though (did you know they have made a remake of Knight Rider? KITT is a Mustang in it. It starts soon.)
27. Tight Roll your pants or Parachute Pants? Tight roll, which we called "pegging". I did own some Hammer pants
28. Did you own a Trapper Keeper? Yes, but I liked another brand better than the Trapper.
29. Atari or Comadore 64? Atari- loved me some Frogger.
30. Did you play Pac-Man? I played it, but wasn't that into it.
31. Which was better: the Goonies or Stand By Me? Both- I used to watch Stand By Me all the time- had it on video. Thought I was cool b/c of all the cursing in it. That flick TAUGHT me how to curse!
32. Say Anything or Better Off-Dead? Don't remember those.
33. What movie scared you the most? Poltergeist- I still cringe when I think about that mom and her kid in the bathtub with all that jelly-stuff on them. EW.
34. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson? of course! I failed miserably. I loved him back then... when he was normal.
35. Rolling Stone said U2 was the band of the 80's, Who do you think was? Hmmm- Toto? They are a good representative 80's band. I love them.
36. Do you remember the founding members of Depeche Mode? Not their names.
37. Wham! or George Michael? Both!
38. Oingo Boingo or Talking Heads? Talking Heads
39. Blue Monday; 1980 version or 1988 version? there were two versions? huh
40. Back to the Future or Indiana Jones? Back to the Future
41. Izod or Rugby shirt? Rugby shirts.
42. What were you doing the day John Lennon was shot? I don't know... I really don't remember that day.
43. What about when the Challenger went down? I was home from school- I had had a dentist appt. that morning. I watched it live. I remember running upstairs and telling my Nanny that it had blown up and she didn't believe me.
44. Did you ever wear one silver glove? No. I wasn't that big of a dork
45. What rock star did you copy, fashion-wise? No one, really.
46. Who was your 1980's movie crush? Jonathan Brandis
47. Who shot J.R.? I don't remember! I wasn't that much into Dallas
48. Name two rather odd regulars/guests on General Hospital in the 80'? I never watched that show.
49. Did you watch the wedding of Charles and Di on TV? No.
50. Did you ever use Valley Girl lingo? Like, Oh My God! Like, of course! I was totally rad! Totally!
51. Do you remember the Tylenol scare?no, but I remember when they started making red M&M's again!
52. Did you really think Bo Derek was a "10?" Um, no
53. Do you own the magazines with nudies of Madonna and Vanessa Williams? No, but a friend of mine had the Madonna "Sex" book. I was too afraid to look at it!
54. Did you mousse? Yes, but I was more into hairspray
55. Did you like New Coke? No. Loved Pepsi Clear, though!
56. Do you know who the Split Enz were? no
57. Did you have a "Baby on Board" sign in your car? well, I had one that said "Cat Lover on Board"
58. Do you remember Baby Jessica? Yes- watched the whole thing live. That poor kid. I read something about her recently- she's stayed really private since then.
59. How about Jessica Hahn? sounds familiar- does it count if I google her to refresh my memory?
60. Could you solve the Rubix Cube? Sure! Just peel the stickers off and put them where they go!

I'm tagging all my readers... Have fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Tiffany too!! "I think were alone now..."

Anonymous said...

OMG.... FUN!! Off to do this.

Sherry said...

My first bike was a purple unicorn bike with a banana seat too! It had purple and white streamer on the handles!! :)

myra said...

Michelle and I had those hyper color shirts also when we were kids... LOL... Brings back old memories..I really liked those shirts. I wish they still made them.