03 November 2007

Tidbits

Let's see, what's been going on...
We started finishing the nursery paint today- we got the white paint to do the area under the chair rail- yeah, we copped out of the wainscotting. Oh well. We've done one coat, and it is looking really good. I think the black furniture will be perfect with the bee theme. Now, we just need to DECIDE on and ORDER the furnitre.
I got the loft cleaned out, and the nursery closet. All our tubs of stuff have been moved to the closet in the other bedroom or the attic, except for a few. I am tired. I think I hyper-extended my elbow in my carrying of stuff around, and it is sore!
My back/rib pain has reached unbearable limits. I even called the Dr. yesterday- they basically told me to deal with it. Gee, thanks. I'm ok as long as I am walking around, but I can't walk around all the time- by the end of the day I just want to sit, but I have to lay down to lessen the pain. Makes it hard to eat in the evening (which is bad because I haven't gained the weight the Dr. wanted me to gain- I'm gonna get fussed at at my next appt.). We went to a basketball game the other night and I stood up for most of it. I'm going to a play with my class on Monday, and I'm afraid I'm going to hurt since I have to sit for over an hour. I can't drive/ride in the car for long periods. I want to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Hurricanes games and Rent, but I know I won't make it through the performances. It gets so bad at times that I'm almost in tears!
On the brighter side, the youngun gets the hiccups now! Very cute. And she is moving around more- for a few weeks she wasn't tumbling around in there as much, but now she is all over the place. It is very reassuring. I get worried if she hasn't moved in a while.
We have about 18 schools days until track-out. YEAH!
The weather has finally turned cooler, which is nice. And we get an extra hour of sleep tonight.
I had to go buy a new bra. Let me tell you, if you've never gone to Vicky's Secret and had a professional fitting, DO IT!!! The girl was SO nice and helpful. I needed one without underwire, which was just irritating my ribs situation. I am evidently hard to fit because I am so petite. I really needed a 34 DD (ACK- where did THAT come from?!!!!!) but had to go with just a D because the DD didn't fit my narrow shoulders. I tell you, it is so worth it to me to spend a small fortune on good underwears.
That's about it for now. Shelly had her baby- boy is he cute! I am getting really excited about meeting our kiddo, but I think I'll miss being pregnant- maybe that's why they make the last trimester so hard, so you'll want the kid OUT of you!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Send me a link for what furniture y'all are looking at :) I wanna see!

tarheel4life said...

Thank you for the shout-out for my boy! He is cute - and yes, believe it or not, you will miss being pregnant and feeling those tumbles all of the time (you will even miss the little butt in your ribs), but it will definitely be worth it! I want to see pictures of the nursery as soon as you get it all done! - Shelly

Anonymous said...

yes, that is a very good reason why the 3rd trimester is so hard! I kept saying to everyone: I scared to death to have this baby, but by God, just get him out and I'll deal with it!