14 November 2007

Gracie

I will now post the official (until-we-change-our-mind-again) decision on the baby's name:

Savannah Gracelyn

and we are going to call her Gracie. We think. We're 95% sure.
So far, everyone we've told has loved the name, and I already have several co-workers that call her Gracie. It just sounds right. We went back and forth several times about using a nickname for her middle name as what she will go by. But this way, she will have a bit of a choice about what name she likes to be called, and it can change as she gets older and grows out of Gracie.
Savannah is important to us because we went on a trip to Savannah, Georgia when we got engaged (even though Randy actually proposed in Charleston, SC). And Randy found Gracelyn on a baby-name website, and we both really liked it.
Not too much else going on. I'm still in considerable pain by the end of the workday. I got totally fed up and angry at my bed/pillows last night. I know I drove poor Randy crazy, huffing and puffing and sighing and carrying on. I could NOT get comfortable, and my heartburn was miserable and to top it off, I couldn't breathe through my nose! Let's hope for a better night tonight.
We're going to a Hurricanes game Saturday- we got an offer for half-price tickets, so Kelly and Jon and us splurged on really nice seats. I'm looking forward to it. I loves me some hockey! I just hope they play better than they have tonight- they are losing 1-5 right now!
Oh, I guess I can announce that one of my friends who is pregnant is Lindsay!! Most people at work know by now. She is due May 30. I am so excited for her!
The people I work with are doing a shower for me and 2 other preggos at the beginning of December- I am looking forward to it, and am so grateful to work with such great peeps, as this is probably the only shower I will have.
That's it for now. 11 days until track-out!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her name!! That is very beautiful and I love Gracie as a nickname..... good choice, mom & dad!

tarheel4life said...

Love the name! For the stuffy nose - have you tried the Breathe Right Nose strips?? I swore by them when I was pregnant - they really help you breathe at night - give them a try!