19 November 2007

O. M. G.

I had the surprise of my life yesterday, compliments of some very caring (and extremely sneaky) friends, and my hubby. Sherry organized a SURPRISE BABY SHOWER for me! And I honestly had no idea about it. I am very hard to surprise- I snoop and pay attention to things so I usually find out if someone is planning a surprise for me. NOT this time. I have never been so shocked in my life to walk into Sherry's house and see ALL of my close friends under one roof. I couldn't decide whether to turn and run or stand there and cry. I ended up crying!
So many people were there, and it required a huge undertaking of getting everyone together- Randy had to break into my email and go through my cell phone and a lot of networking of people went on. There were my friends from high school, work, relatives, social hour (craft night), and Grant's parents were there, too! I will post some pics as soon as I get them downloaded.
And these are all the most generous people on the face of the earth! They cleaned out our registries and there was so much cute stuff. We got so much incredible stuff for Gracie. This child is going to be spoiled ROTTEN- hell, she already is! It took me forever to organize and put it all away last night.
I have to send shout-outs to everyone that attended (and those that couldn't but wanted to be there), and special shout-out huge THANK YOUs to Sherry for putting it all together, Kelly for the favors and an incredible diaper cake (and driving to Raleigh AGAIN), Diane and Harmony for helping Sherry host, and Randy for facilitating and doing a great job of keeping the secret. I have never been so touched and grateful to have such incredible people in my life. I am a seriously lucky girl, as is baby Gracie. =)

4 comments:

tarheel4life said...

I would have loved to be there..I am sorry I couldn't make it :( - be sure to post pictures ;)

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaay! That's so cool that it was a suprise for you. I wish I could have come!

Anonymous said...

I was sooooo happy that I could get it all put together and actually SURPRISE you! It was a lot of fun and I'm glad it all went well. Wish I had some pics of your first response, though! :)

Jon said...

I hope the butt paste serves you well :).