10 November 2007

525,600 minutes

525,600 moments so dear
525,600 minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

Yep- I saw Rent last night. It was my third time. Randy surprised me with tickets (excellent ones at that). He knew I wanted to go, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to sit through it because of my back pain. But he took a chance, and I am SO glad he did! I loaded up on Tylenol before we went, and that helped. I wasn't insanely comfortable, but I enjoyed it so much that it didn't matter!
I LOVE that show. Adore it. Will be singing the songs for the next month. Will go see it again anytime it comes around here. There is something about it that just makes you think about your life, and makes you realize how precious and real life is. The music is incredible, and the show is funny, touching and so well done.
The baby seemed to enjoy it. She squirmed around the entire time, and the louder the music got, the more she moved.
The role of Collins was played by Anwar Robinson, who was on American Idol a few seasons ago- he was the music teacher that probably should have won. Sorta glad he didn't, because he seems to have found a place in musical theatre- he was awesome! I didn't like the actor who played Angel as much as the one the last time I saw the show, though the crowd seemed to love him/her. You could tell that most of the people there had seen it before. If YOU haven't seen it, you need to.
Anyway, that was my exciting night on the town. Not much going on it other news. We're having a big drama at work over changes that they want to make to the schedule. In the middle of the year. Big changes. And several people, me included, may not go back if they don't consider everyone's point of view and the roles we all play in their scenario.
We got the nursery painted. We have a bit of touch up to do, that may or may not eventually get done. Now, furniture. Seriously.

No comments: