18 July 2008

Three years

Today is our 3 year wedding anniversary, our 4 years-since-engagement anniversary, and our 5th first date anniversary! To celebrate, I've found a new blog skin. I thought it was very appropriate for my dragonfly obsession. Hope you like it!
I am off work for a week! My first track out. I don't feel like I really need it yet, as I'm not burned out, but I will take it nonetheless! I am nervous about turning my classroom over to someone else for a week- I've worked REALLY hard to get those kids to behave in there and follow my strict procedures, and I don't want to lose that. I've gotten a LOT of compliments on how my room is controlled and organized. I really like my new job, and it has gone swimmingly so far. I even experimented with the SMART board with the 2nd graders today- we had a good time! That is a cool piece of technology. It basically turns a whiteboard into a computer-interfaced touch screen. I let the kids help create graphs by dragging icons to the correct columns with the touch screen. I really want to use the board more- the kids seem to pay really close attention to anything new and neat.
We're going out to eat tonight for our anniversary- to the Melting Pot! Yummers. And this time I'm not morning sick or having gall bladder issues, so the scarfing is ON. Gracie is spending the night with Grandma, since we'll probably get home late.
Not much else going on. I have my big dentist appt. on Tuesday, and Gracie's 6 mo. checkup Wed., so let's hope that goes well!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy anniversary!

The new layout looks great :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you did us proud at the Melting Pot! :)