04 July 2008

Happy 4th!

Independence Day. Does anyone ever stop to think about the meaning behind this holiday anymore? Besides fireworks and cookouts, I mean. Don't worry, I'm not going to go there, but it is interesting to me how many holidays are celebrated just out of habit anymore. Whatever.
We went to eat with Randy's family tonight and then went to watch the fireworks in Franklinton (a small town north of Wake Forest). We were not so impressed. They weren't shooting them high enough. Gracie did watch them, and seemed intrigued- I imagine they were pretty for her. We should have gone to Raleigh's show, but it is good we didn't, as a huge thunderstorm had rolled in. We'd have been pretty wet. I had sparklers to do, but the poor kid was passed out when we got home. Maybe we'll do them tomorrow.

No comments: