11 March 2008

Wubbanub

Attention moms and moms-to-be! I have another thing you can't live without: a Wubbanub. http://www.wubbanub.com/ I wanted to avoid giving Gracie a pacifier, but had read a lot about babies needing to suck, and she wouldn't take a regular paci, so I got her a Soothie, which she loves. In looking online for more colors of the Soothie, I came across the Wubbanubs. They are the Soothies with little plush animals attached, which act as a weight to keep the pacifier close to the baby if it falls out. And they are the CUTEST thing ever! A lot of hospitals give them to preemies to help them learn how to suck, and to give them something to hold onto as a lovey. I got Gracie the kitty, and she LOVES it- as do we. The paci is sewed to the Wubbie's face, and it looks like the kitty is toting it in its mouth. Gracie likes to grab onto him. He's not perfect at keeping the paci in her mouth, but it is better than just the paci alone, and when it does fall out it usually stays on or near her, instead of hitting the floor.
She's still sleeping upstairs. Sunday night went pretty good, but last night was horrible! She was wide awake until after 2:00am, and we gave in and let her have the wubbie to fall asleep, but she kept spitting it out and knocking it away, and we'd have to haul back up the stairs to fix it. I didn't think we'd ever get her to sleep! Plus, I'm not feeling great with a sore throat, and woke up with a headache... Randy had to do the 6:00am feeding and stayed up with her- I stayed in the bed- I was all chilly and felt miserable. I do feel better tonight, and Gracie went down without a fight at about 11:00. Whew. Here's hoping she stays asleep...

Some pics of Gracie and Wubbie:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that little cat outfit is the CUTEST!!!

tarheel4life said...

how do I order one???? I tried but it said I had to be an approved customer and it was for a set of 12??? Let me know :)