24 March 2008

Of all nights...

Gracie and I are having some girl time tonight and tomorrow- Daddy is out of town =( So we were just hanging out, I was getting Gracie dressed for bed and bam- out go the lights. WTH? So here I am stuck upstairs in the PITCH black with the baby. I had to find my way BACK down our crazy stairs and feel my way into the kitchen to get the flashlight. Luckily I had one battery to replace one of the dead ones in it, and was able to get a couple candles lit. The power was out for over an hour. I guess someone hit a pole or something. Poor Grace didn't know what to think. I was afraid I was gonna have to go to bed with the power still off, which is always fun when it comes back on in the middle of the night and half the lights in the house go on as well as the TV, etc. Luckily that didn't happen. I had put Gracie's bottles I had made and the container of formula in a cooler with some ice, 'cause I knew it would be ok in there for at least 12 hours. Lord help me if the power would have been off that long. At least it is back on now. And again, I thank Randy for my iPhone. I was able to look up the number of the power company and report the outage (yeah, I could have just called 411, but it saved me the $1.50 charge!) and they said it would be back on by 10:45 and it was. Way to go power people. It is amazing how dependent we are on those folks. You just don't think about all the stuff that uses power. I was thinking since I couldn't watch TV I'd just get on the computer and surf the net (which is what I do most of the time anyway). I knew the laptop was charged, so it would be ok. Yeah, except that the internet router takes power. Oh well.
I need to go to bed. I've been trying so hard to get Gracie into a routine, at least for bed/wake time and now I need to work on MY bedtime, or work next week is gonna be miserable. I have some more smiley pics that I will try to post tomorrow...

No comments: