09 March 2008

Big Girl Bed!!

Gracie spent her first night in her crib upstairs last night! We FINALLY got our monitor, which we really like, so far. It is the Summer day/night portable video monitor. The picture is pretty clear, though the color isn't good at all. Mom is sleeping upstairs in the guest room, so we figured it was a good time to try her in her crib. Mom kept the monitor and agreed to do night duty for us. Gracie had been awake almost ALL day yesterday, so she was worn out. We finally put her down around midnight, and were able to watch her go to sleep! At one point, I went in to turn her on her side a bit more, and she started fussing, but it wasn't anything the binky couldn't fix, and off she went to sleep. She slept until 6:30am!!!! So, it seems the crib/monitor will work well, and I guess she will be officially moving out of our bedroom now. Kinda sad, though...
I have also found another use for the little camera- I am going to use it to spy on the cats and try to figure out which one has been peeing in the nursery!! I can aim in at the floor and keep an eye on them. Don't know what good it is going to do, but at least we'll know which evil one it is (though we have a good idea). I can also hook the handheld unit up to the TV, and record them if I need to! (We can to that to watch Gracie, too, which is pretty cool). Now we need to work on finishing the nursery. I really want a glider for up there, for middle-of-the-night feedings, and later, for reading and cuddling. Thus, I don't want just a wooden glider, but a nice, large, upholstered swivel glider chair that we can both fit into. And it has to be the right color, and have an ottoman. I would LOVE to have one from Pottery Barn, but they are SO expensive. I'm going to have to do some searching.
We have so enjoyed my Mom being here! She is absolutely enamored with Gracie, and has been such a huge help. It is nice to be able to relax some. =)

No comments: