27 September 2007

Back to the grindstone

I have had to work the past 4 days. What was I thinking??? I agreed to fill in for a couple people, which is good because they will work for me later on, but it was not fun being at work when I really didn't have to be. Ungh. And I had to go on a field trip that required hiking in the woods- one of the chaperones was also pregnant (though a lot further along than me) so we suffered through it together. I have been SOOO tired. I've been able to sleep a bit better, though, which helps.
We started painting the nursery last weekend- we got the no VOC paint so I could help. The nursery has a chair rail, and above the rail we're painting a buttery yellow. Below we will put up wainscoting eventually- we'll have to get Randy's dad to help us with that.
We also went to try to decide on some furniture. I've found a cabinet/dresser that we can use for a changing table online, and a crib- but we can't find a floor model of the crib anywhere! I need to see it in person before we decide- especially because of my height. I want to keep the nursery sort of minimalist, even though the room is huge.
Not much else is going on. I go back to work for real on Monday. Still no name picked out yet. I feel her move all the time when I'm relatively still, and she loves to do headstands on my bladder- I need a name so I know what to call her when I fuss at her to stop poking my internal organs! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool! Your nursery sounds just like ours.... white below the chair rail and yellow above it. Great minds think alike!

Can't wait to hear what name you choose!