18 September 2007

I am a lazy bum

Yeah. I am. I've been tracked-out for the past week and 2 days, and have enjoyed every bit of it. Today I haven't even gotten out of my jammies. I have a headache, because I forgot to drink my little Pepsi at lunch, so now I'm getting the caffeine, but it hasn't helped yet.

A few things:
*My neck muscles are so tight! I'm having this weird yawning/neck pain thing. I'll get this cramp in my neck and it causes a yawn which sets off a whole string of yawns. I can tell it is muscle related. Randy has been good about rubbing my neck (with some IcyHot sometimes) and I am using a different pillow which helps some. I need a professional massage.
*I HATE sleeping on my side. I usually wake up on my back, and as long as I'm not uncomfortable, I go right back to sleep that way, even though I'm not supposed to. At this point I can still sort sleep on my stomach if I hike my leg up to my chest. But my arms end up asleep under my pillow then, because my pillow is so fat to help support my big noggin when I sleep on my side like I'm supposed to.
*I am already feeling like I have a hard time moving around- especially getting up off the bed, rolling over in bed and getting up off the couch. (yeah, I know, if I got my fat butt OFF the couch and stayed up I wouldn't have to worry about that...) I don't feel too off balance yet. I know not working isn't helping either, because I move around so much at work. I am working this Friday, then next Mon-Wed, to fill in for a couple people. That should help with the mobility.
*Randy and I took an impromptu trip at the end of last week. We went to GSO to see Kelly and Jon on Thursday, and to pick up a rocking chair. It was so good to see Kelly (and Jon). I miss them. I wish they would move up this way- we seem to have a lot in common these days as couples, which makes spending time with them very relaxing. Then we were going to go to the zoo in Asheboro, but it was supposed to rain, so we ended up in Charlotte. We stayed at a really nice downtown hotel and did a lot of walking around (I was wiped out!). Downtown is really nice. We also went to Concord Mills Mall- that place is HUGE!
*We think we have registered for most of the stuff we need. We did Target and BabiesRUs. Now we have to find furniture. I really want to do black furniture, because it will go so well with the bee theme. My problem is my height. I haven't found any cribs that I am comfortable reaching into. I don't want one with sides that drop (they seem flimsy) and I don't want to use a stepstool (that seems unsafe with a baby in my arms). So basically, I want too much. I also don't want to spend a fortune. I just want a sleigh crib (though I'll settle for a non-sleigh) that converts into a big-kid bed, and a dresser/changing table. That's it. I'd like an upholstered glider, but I can do without if need be.
*I need to register for childbirth classes. I really don't want to . Either does Randy. I am convinced I'll have to have a c-section anyway, so why bother? I guess it is a good idea to do it, I just need my heart to be into it more.
*Still no decision on a name. We had a hard time picking out baby stuff- how are we supposed to pick a NAME that this child will use for the rest of her life?????? I think neither of us wants to commit to any of the names we have on our list. We don't want to make the wrong decision.
*I still haven't gained much weight. I'm up about 3 pounds from where I was before I got pregnant. I seem to be doing ok and I'm eating ok. I probably shouldn't worry- I'll end up ballooning in the next few months and will regret ever wishing I had gained weight!!! =)

Ok, that's about enough for now. I suppose I ought to go get dressed, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding childbirth classes..... these are my thoughts on it, so take it for what it's worth. LOL. I didn't want to do it either, but afterwards I felt 150% better about having the baby than I did beforehand. Even though I ended up having a c-section anyway, I thought it was still important to go (they go over that process as well as the regular way). They also go over the hospital's policies so you can know what to expect during your stay whichever way you end up delivering. They talk about things like what to expect regarding not only the birth, but what to expect out of the early days of your baby, nursing, post partem stuff about your body, etc etc. It was REALLY helpful for me and they did NOT show any lame videos of women giving birth and that kind of stuff. It was much better than that. Our hospital had an option of doing it over 1 whole weekend instead of spread out over 5 weeks in the evening, so that was what we did. Also for me just touring the maternity floor made me feel more comfortable about BEING there than anything else. I guess it depends on how SCARED you are, ha ha. I was petrfied, and felt so much better after taking the class.

Sara and Randy said...

Thanks, Erika- I bit the bullet last night and signed up. I talked to several other people who all felt like you did and said we should do it. We DO have to watch the nasty video, according to a co-worker who went to the same hospital. Poor Randy will probably balk. Hell, I will probably balk!