23 October 2008

The State Fair

We took Gracie to her first state fair on Tuesday night. It was Randy's birthday, and we celebrated with some fine fried stuff. I am happy to report I did not do nearly as much damage as last year. I had a yummy fried bologna sammich, a couple fried pickle spears (I like the chips better) and an orangeade. Those are the things I look forward to eating at the fair. Randy had a corndog, an Italian sausage (it wasn't that good), and a fried Twinkie. Gracie took in all the sights, and quite enjoyed all the people watching. I tried to get some good pics, but no such luck. Here's a pic, anyway.

Yesterday Gracie and I met Kelly and Ella in Burlington for lunch. Ella is getting so big! And she is just adorable- very smiley. It is so weird to me that several of my friends and I are carting around younguns at the same point in our lives. I never would have thunk it, and it is neat. I love that our kids will grow up with each other, kinda like cousins, I guess (I wouldn't know, as I don't have any cousins). Then Grace and I went to the Carter's outlet and got a couple cute outfits for winter. I also got a package today from my Grandma Amos with three super cute outfits- so she is stocked for a while.

Gracie is a super-speed demon crawler now. She gets around so well, and pulls up on anything that will stand still (and some things that won't!). She let go of the chair yesterday and actually tried to take a step toward me, but fell immediately. At least she tried!

Tomorrow is my last weekday of track-out. But it won't be too long until I track out again for Thanksgiving. They already have the Christmas decorations up at the mall!! Are they kidding me?? TOO SOON, people! One holiday at a time, please.

2 comments:

S, Galloway said...

oh wow, someone looked like they had a great time seeing the sites at the fair. Gracie has a huge smile on her little face. She is such a cutie patootie.

tarheel4life said...

She is so "juicy" - I could just squeeze her!!!!!!