20 October 2008

Duck, duck, GOOSE!

Poor Gracie! She has a purple goose egg on her forehead. She was trying to pull up on her dresser as I was trying to put socks on her, and her hand slipped and she bonked into one of the drawer pulls. She didn't fall far (she was only on her knees) but fell hard, and the purple bruise (and the howl) that came up immediately scared me enough to call the doctor. The nurse told me just to keep an eye on her and make sure she was acting ok, and that is was a good thing there was a swollen spot (as opposed to an indentation). So now she has this lovely bump, but it doesn't seem to bother her. I'm sure this is only one of many bumps to come as she gets more and more mobile, but it's still scary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to apologize for being such a pathetic loser.

Sara and Randy said...

ooookaaay. wth?

Anonymous said...

I can be pathetic loser too?