28 August 2008

Updates

I have a horrible cold. I am SO snotty. I have found some Mucinex nose spray that works to clear my congestion (though not for 12 hours like it says!) but it makes my nose run like crazy! But at least I can breathe. I get the worst head colds. They always start with a blazing sore throat, then the congestions kicks in and I'm miserable for a week. And I'm sure Gracie is going to get it. Great.
Speaking of Grace- she has her first chomper coming in! I can even see it, as well as feel it. YAY! She hasn't been too cranky, but she sure does want a frozen teether to nom on.
She's getting more and more mobile. She army crawls/crawls pretty effectively, and she is quickly gaining speed. Won't be long before she can get her tummy off the ground and really crawl. Time to babyproof the house. Joy.
I am tracked out next week (yay!). Not much planned. We've had a rough week at school: a tornado drill for real on Wednesday, and a fire drill for real today. The TV in one of the classrooms shorted out and smoked up the classroom- the teacher had to pull the alarm, and it took the fire truck FOREVER to get there. It was hot and humid out, too- and the kids were bored. All we need now is a lockdown, heaven forbid THAT one is for real.
Let me say now that I hate the months of August through about April. Football season, basketball season and hockey season. So life ceases to exist outside of those sports for Randy, and thus for me (and Gracie). Our lives have to be rearranged to coordinate with the stupid sports. I hate it. There is nothing that comes on TV that I have to rearrange my life for. I think most women feel the same way, right ladies? Boo sports.

1 comment:

tarheel4life said...

i can't believe she is already getting teeth. Can you believe Gabe is 10 months old and still does not have a tooth in his head???? I guess he figures he doesn't need them...he is already eating everything BUT the kitchen sink...