14 August 2008

7 months old!

Why does 7 months sound so much older than 6 months? She's not supposed to be that old yet! She's growing up entirely too fast. =(
Gracie had her 7 month birthday yesterday. I need to plop her on the scale and see how much she weighs. A couple updates:
- she outgrows jommies like nobody's business. I just had to buy several new ones. I love Old Navy's, but they don't have very many designs. Those are 6-12 months. I got some adorable Circo jommies from Target, and they are 9 month. I probably should have gotten 12 month, but I'm hoping her growing will slow down a bit.
- she now sleeps on her side most of the time, no matter how I lay her down. She also scooches around the crib, so we had to move her video camera to get a wider view of the crib, 'cause there's never any telling where she will end up.
- she is working on crawling. Can't get both ends up at the same time. It is starting to frustrate her when she can't get something she wants that is just out of her reach.
- she's a champion sitter- even leans forward and to the side to get something then returns to sitting.
- we're working on pieces of food. The other day at dinner, she grabbed a handful of my salad and promptly attempted to insert it into her mouth! So I figured she might like to try some tiny bits of banana or the puffs. I am SO scared that she will choke, so I made the banana pieces so small that she couldn't get ahold of them! And I was breaking the puffs up, too. She did eat them ok if I put them in her mouth for her. We'll keep trying.
- the kid will eat ANYTHING. The only thing she hasn't really liked is the banana baby food- and I don't blame her. It is gross.
- she's down to 3 bottles (am, mid afternoon and bedtime) and up to 3 solids meals. We had to eliminate the noon bottle as she was just letting it run down her chin.
- she has mostly mastered a sippy cup! Well, she can't figure out how to tip it up, but she finally learned how to suck out of it, and gets a couple ounces of diluted juice each day to help with her poo issues.
- we had to go to overnight diapers, as she evidently does a lot of peeing overnight, and the pampers baby dry weren't living up to their name. I've only found overnights in Huggies brand, which I don't really like, and in size 4, which is a bit big on her, but they work to keep her dry.
- we're about to get her new carseat. I cannot haul her around in that carrier anymore. All told it has become about 27 pounds of baby and seat. I had one picked out, but then I had to get the tan interior on the Prius, so I had to reconsider. I found the same seat in a different pattern and I think that's the one. It is a rather inexpensive one, but since we'll have to buy at least 2, I think that's the better way to go.
- she loves to manipulate things. Especially things she's not supposed to have. She studies things like she's trying SO hard to figure them out.

I can't wait til our portraits come in- I will scan some in and post them as her 7 month pics.
In other news, Randy got stung by a yellow jacket the other day, and I got stung TWICE today at carpool by some crazy non-dying bee! I haven't been stung in ages. This thing wouldn't leave me alone! I know the parents in the carpool line thought I was insane as I did the bee dance out there. It HURT. And will itch like crazy tomorrow.

No comments: