29 June 2008

Like taking a steak from a starving dog...

We bought Gracie one of those mesh teething feeders tonight. We thought she might like to chew on it since she is a slobbery, teething mess. So I cut up some chunks of banana and froze them, put them in the feeder and gave it to her. She seemed to like it- even figured out how to get it in her mouth the right way. Well, I realized that she needed some more banana in it (I hadn't put much in it to begin with) and I went to take the feeder from her to add more, and I about came back with a bloody nub!! She freaked OUT. I mean, hollering, shaking her arms, red-face, crying real tears. I didn't even get it out of her hand- I merely tried! I got the heck out of her way and let her have it until it was gone and I had to get it away from her to add more (crying ensued). She made a tremendous mess and we then gave her another one with some ice pieces, but she wasn't as into it. I'll have to try some stuff that doesn't make as much of a mess (I've read frozen grapes, melon, mango, peach are good to do). But I will proceed with caution when taking it away from her!

We also got her a Pack-n-Play today. I love it! It is so pretty. It has the basinette attachment, a changing station, a mobile, soother with lights and sounds. We tried it all out- fantastic! We can put her in there to play without worrying about the animals or her eating cat hair off the carpet. We're going to take it to Randy's mom's house for her to have while I'm working, but it is easy to transport so we can bring it home the weeks I'm tracked out. Only downside is our living room is small and already has a TON of baby stuff (well, an Exersaucer and the playplace) so the Pack-n-Play takes up the rest of the room. Oh, well.

Not much else. We had BabyPalooza yesterday at Grant and Sherry's- Gracie, Olivia and Olivia's cousin Drew were having a play-date. Drew is about a month younger than Gracie, and what a cutie- we've already arranged their marriage in about 25 years! Here's a couple pics from their first date (Olivia was the chaperone?).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is SUCH a cute picture of the 3 of your girls and babies!!!