18 June 2008

We are the luckiest folks EVER!

This is the view from our seats at the Pearl Jam show last night:


Yeah. There's NOBODY in front of us. We bought the tickets through Ten Club, and had no idea where our seats were. Seats are usually given based on seniority in the club, and Randy is pretty low on the list. BUT- they put everyone into a lottery for what we thought were 2nd and 11th row seats, but evidently for this show the lottery was for FIRST row, and we hit the jackpot! When we got to the will-call window the lady found our tickets and said "Oh, you got front row!" I didn't think I'd heard her right. But we did indeed get row A in orchestra 2, which is front and center. Our seats were only a couple down from dead center. It was incredible. I've never seen Randy so excited. It was neat because they are very strict about the people with access down front, and we had to get our hand written on, our ticket sharpied AND a wristband to make sure that we were the correct people in our spots.


Let me just say, that Eddie Vedder is every bit as good looking up close in real life. He has really pretty eyeballs. And I got his SPIT on me! (yeah, I know, EW) Randy got a guitar pick from Mike McCready, and the girl 2 seats down got a set list. They were also giving out tambourines, but no luck on those.


We had a great time. No concert will ever compare. Here's a couple more pics (we hate that we didn't bring a real camera!)



4 comments:

Kelly said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy schnikees! I have to say, I'm sitting w/Jon on the jealous bench after seeing your photos :)

Anonymous said...

My husband looks gooooood. But I knew that. Did you tell Eddie we were getting married? I'm green with envy.

Grant said...

You guys make me sick!

Anonymous said...

wow, Pearl Jam is still around? That's pretty cool!