02 June 2008

NOM!!!

We are doing SO much better with the solid food. I took my friend's advice, and only tried the cereal every few days. She has really caught on to it now! She's had rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, and tonight... CARROTS! And she LOVED them! I am so proud of her. Boy, what a mess, though. At least more is staying in now. She even opens her mouth for the spoon, and watches it like a hawk. We're doing 5 bottles and 2 feedings and it seems to be working so far. We put her feeding seat together and have been using that. We have it attached to one of our barstools, which is a great height for me.
I have ONE more day left of work- yes! I wasn't sure I'd survive this year. But next school year (which starts in a month) should be great, I hope. I have gotten the computer lab job that I wanted! It is a 10 month position (I'm currently 9 months) which means a bit more money, and I get to pretty much pick my own track out schedule and more control over what I do in the lab. I'm really looking forward to it.
A friend at work gave me an Exersaucer for Gracie today- she really likes it! She can't be in it for long before she gets tired, because she really has to work to support herself. But she was grabbing at all the toys and trying to move around in it (the seat spins). I think she's really going to enjoy it. It is in great condition, and I gave Alison $20 for it, since they typically cost close to $80. I figured it was a good deal, and I'm glad it came from someone I know. Our living room is a vertiable jungle of baby paraphanelia. I always said I wouldn't let my house get like that. Oh well.
What else? Kelly's shower is this weekend- looking forward to that. Then next week we go to Florida to visit my Grandma Amos and to see Pearl Jam. I think it is so cool that Gracie has several great-grandmas, and I'm so glad Grandma Amos will get to meet her. I'm hoping the flights go well- we bought Gracie a seat and are taking her carseat. I hope it FITS in the airplane rows. I also hope the air pressure on her ears doesn't freak her out. That's my biggest fear. Should be lots of fun to haul all her stuff around the airport, too.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

congrats on getting the new computer lab job! I know you are thrilled!