15 February 2009

An Awesome Valentine's Day

Prepare to be very jealous. I have the best husband EVER! Randy managed to completely (well, almost completely) surprise me with a fantastic V day. He made me an appointment to get a pedicure (this was the non-surprise- they called me to confirm the appointment a couple days before. Oops) on Saturday morning which was awesome. He made boarding reservations for Shelby, so I knew we were going somewhere and Gracie stayed with Grandma. We had dinner reservations at 5:30 and they ended up being at a Tuscan grill called Posta at the new Marriott hotel in downtown Raleigh. We spend the night at the hotel, too, and went to see STOMP! at the Raleigh Memorial Auditorium across the street. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed STOMP! It was a fantastic show, and I highly recommend you go see it if you ever get the chance. I didn't realize it had a comedy aspect to it, but it surely did, and this was heightened by the fact that there was a precious little kid near the front who had the most adorable giggle- the audience was laughing just because we could hear HER laugh! And the performers really responded to the audience, too. Randy also had arranged to have flowers delivered and they were in our room when we got there, and there was champagne chilling in a bucket, too! We ordered breakfast to our room this morning and spend today hanging with Gracie at the mall. It has been a fantastic weekend, but I am worn out! I need another weekend to recuperate!

2 comments:

Grant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grant said...

Well, Randy has successfully managed to make the rest of us guys look pretty slack! Glad you guys enjoyed it.
-Grant