19 January 2009

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

We might get some snow around here! I get so freaking excited about the possibility of the white stuff- like a little kid! Of course, snow means no work for me (because you KNOW at the first flake they cancel school, especially since the ground has been so cold lately) and I would love to be home tomorrow to watch the inauguration stuff. We'd have to make up the day on a Saturday, but 3 hours on Saturday is better than 7 hours on a weekday. Right now they're calling for several inches, but the amount is, as usual, dependent on the way the systems track. The NWS forecast mentions that if it tracks a certain way, we might be looking at a storm similar to the one almost exactly 9 years ago (remember THAT?). I do hafta go to the grocery store today and make sure I get some milk for Gracie (if there's any left!), but I promise not to buy bread. Oh, I need cat fud, too.
So, keep you fingers and piggies crossed!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Holy snot, I hadn't heard anything about it being like the one when we were living in Carrboro! Ella's got plenty of food, and Jon and I can get by on whatever...bring it on!

Sara and Randy said...

We might end up with more than you guys for once! Remember that storm- we went to bed and had about 5 inches on the ground and they were saying we'd get maybe 2 or 3 more- and we woke up to NO power and a damn blizzard? That was craziness.

tarheel4life said...

Oh - I definitely remember that snowstorm - sledding on the broiler pan and taking hell-hole out for sugar to make snowcream!!!!

We had a blast...makes me kinda miss the good ol' days!

tarheel4life said...

hahaha - I just thought about something else too - y'all remember we stuck that ruler out on the table to measure the snow and when we got up it was burried???? That was freakin' awesome!

Sara and Randy said...

The broiler pan! Those were some great sledding hills at those apartments behind us. I forgot about the ruler... lol! Remember riding to the Hairy Teeter in my Celica with the racing wheels? And there were people stationed at the exit of the complex to help push people up the hill? Good times, good times. I can't believe none of us killed another!

tarheel4life said...

You are right! I forgot it was your Celica - I guess I just wanted to remember hell-hole! I remember I almost peed on myself when Erika went down that hill with those long legs on that little pan!

WOW - be sure to take pictures (of course, I know you will).