11 May 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy day to all the moms and moms-to-be out there! This is my first mother's day and Gracie sure has been a sweetie today (of course, she is most days). She got me what I wanted- a digital camcorder! So I can take precious videos of all the cute things she does, and share them here!! So, be prepared for lots of cute videos, as the camcorder is insanely easy to use. Now, let's try to post a few here and see if it works... Hmm. It is loading. It looks like it will take a while. I hope the quality ends up being better than the other video I posted a while back.

It is getting close to Gracie's 4 month birthday- Tuesday. She has her next round of shots that day, which I understand might produce more of a reaction than the first set. Joy. I was reading in the baby book that just when you think they can't get any cuter and more endearing, they do. And each day she certainly gets cuter. She's really working on the hand-eye coordination. She likes to hold onto those links, so we bought a big pack of them and she is going to town with them. I also bought a sippy cup, and tried it with her last night, but she didn't get it very well. I don't know why I want her to use a sippy cup, besides to give her some control over something. I haven't started solids yet, and don't know when I'm going to. I think her tongue-thrust reflex is still too strong. We'll talk to the doc about it.

Not much else going on. We have 3 weeks of school left. Wee!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Happy Mother's Day, Sara! Yeah! What a great gift - that's a great idea to post little videos online! Love the "gracie-talk" on this video!

Kelly said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day, lady! :)

I'll have to check out the video once I'm at home... I can see it here at work, but I can't hear it.

Anonymous said...

must...pinch...cheeks... (gracie's, not yours) Happy Mother's Day!