17 May 2008

New Toys

We bought Gracie a playmat/gym last night. This is the one http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2744546 . It was expensive, but it got really good reviews. She seems to like it! Right now she's flinging the little flower mirror around and chewing on one of the toys. I like that it has walls you can fold up- might help keep the pets from walking all over her when she's on the floor.
So, we got the go ahead for rice cereal. Oy. Not so much. We tried it the other evening and it didn't work so well. See video. This is the video in which she isn't crying. She cried in the other one. NO food got past her mouth, which I know is par for the course. I've gotten all kinds of advice, from putting cereal in her bottle (which won't help us teach her to eat off a spoon which is my goal) to waiting a couple weeks, to trying every couple days, to giving her something sweet. I think I'm gonna try every couple days- it is probably going to take her a while to get the hang of it.
I have been trying to recycle more recently. Either Kelly or Erika said a while ago that they typically have more recycles than trash each week, and that is awesome! We produce SO much trash for 3 people. So I got a little carry-basket and keep it next to the trash can. Formula bottles ALONE take up a huge amount of trash, so its great I can recycle them. I've been doing well, I think. We have a really easy recycle program here that lets you mix just about everything up in the same bin.

No comments: