02 July 2007

First Trimester Woes

I've had a hard time updating this blog, and I'm hoping that once my classes are over (end of this month) things will calm down and I'll do a better job. Our ultrasound appointment was really cool! We could see the little heartbeat and our little blob with the big 'ol head. She said everything looks great and I go back on Aug. 8th for my next appointment. Hopefully a month after that we'll know the sex! That I am really looking forward to.
I'm about ready to be out of the first trimester. I feel queasy half the time, and I want to eat stuff that I can't. I can only eat small amounts at a time, and I haven't had that much of an appetite. Hence, I have lost about 4 pounds since I got pregnant. So, I'm not showing at all, even though I really want to be. But yet my pants are tight because my belly is rounding out, so I can't wear a lot of my old pants. I also have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, and that is getting old fast. People tell me that the second trimester is great, and that I'll feel good and be all happy and glowing. I certainly hope that is true. Right now I just want some normalcy, and it can't be good that school starts next week and I'm in classes and just have so much going on. I just keep thinking that as long as I can make it through the next 4 weeks or so I should be home free for a while.
I'm looking forward to the new school year- this year-round bit will take some getting used to, and I have to leave early on Tuesday and Thursday for the first 3 weeks, which I know will put a strain on my coworkers. This whole Sara going back to school thing has proven to be a big pain in my ass. It's almost over, though. Right??

No comments: