29 December 2008

Swimmin'!

We took Gracie to the Y today for a dip in the pool. She's been in a pool once before when she was a couple months old, but I don't think she had any idea what was going on. Today she did, and seemed to enjoy it! Our Y has a huge indoor pool and an indoor kiddie playpool. We did have to get G a new swimsuit, which we were able to find at Target (yes, in December!). Luckily, the Y has a nice family locker room, so I had Randy's help in preparing her for the pool and when we got out- he went to work out while we were in the pool. I took her to the baby pool first, and there are these big buckets that fill with water and dump into the pool. Those seemed to scare her a bit. But at the other end of the pool she did fine! She shivered for a minute until her body adjusted to the water (which was a good temp), and we found a couple toys to play with and were good to go! We then moved on to the big pool, and a family from school was there, and I was able to talk to the mom, who is a riot! It was nice being able to hold Gracie without my back breaking under her weight! Randy joined us after his workout and took a couple pics that turned out great!








1 comment:

Kelly said...

How cute are you two! :)

I was talking the other day with a friend of ours who's a lifeguard about starting Ella in swim classes. I think at the Y on Horse Pen Creek Rd, they start at 6 months? I don't want her to have a hard time swimming like I do, and be terrified of it like I was when I was little.