02 September 2008

A kinda sad event

We had to move Gracie's mattress down on her crib tonight. She is starting to pull up on things, and it wouldn't have taken much for her to topple right over with it up high. We put it down on the 2nd lowest, so that I can still reach to get her out (kinda). I am trying not to think about it, but it makes me sad. It's like, she's not in her baby crib anymore. Just looking at it, it now looks like a toddler crib, and I am thinking that the crib will never be on its highest setting again, ever. I don't know that we want another baby, so, even though that bed will convert into a full-size bed eventually, I'll never see it in "newborn" form again. And that makes me a bit sad. I didn't think about it with the carseat, I guess because I was excited about the new one. And I haven't gotten sentimental about her clothes, because I know other babies will get good use out them. But for some reason the crib hit a nerve.

1 comment:

tarheel4life said...

that's sweet. I didn't really think about it, but it can be pretty sad :(