16 September 2008

8 months!

I didn't forget about Gracie turning 8 months last weekend. I was going to wait to write this until I did pics, but I don't have the outfit I want to take the pics in yet, and may not have it for awhile, so here goes.
I now know why they say all parents think their kid is the smartest kid ever born. Because Gracie is, without a doubt, the brightest baby ever. She is so smart. And cute to boot! She's got the pincher grasp mastered and gets the puffs to her mouth almost every time. And loves them! We took her to McCormick and Schmick's, the new fancy-shmancy seafood restaurant at Crabtree, for an early dinner this weekend, and she did so well! We almost left as soon as we got there because we didn't realize that it was going to be such an upscale place, but it was early, so we stayed. As long as we had puffs to feed her she did great! (and the food was excellent. I had miso black cod, which is WAY out of my typical comfort level, and it was fantastic.) She can pull herself up on her crib from sitting, and tonight did it from laying down, but I didn't see her- I just turned around and there she was, standing up so proud of herself. She can get into a sitting position from laying down, but nobody has seen her do that, either.
She says Dada all the time, but it seems to be more of an expression of happiness than anything. She also does the ma sound, but only when she's mad about something. Figures.
She's eating the puree fruits, veggies and now meat/dinners. She gets three 9 oz. bottles a day and three solid meals. She has had a couple bites of real people food (mashed potatoes, bread and stuff) and her two bottom teeth are almost all the way in! I can't get a photo of them- she won't even let us LOOK at them.
That's all for now- I will post some videos as soon as I can get photobucket to cooperate (sorry mom!).

No comments: