10 September 2008

DaDa?

So, mommy is the one who does the majority of the baby care. I change diapers, I do the baths, I wipe the butt and the snotty nose. I fix food, I play, I do the laundry. I buy cute clothes and do dishes and go shopping. And what is my reward? The kid's first word is DaDa.
Hmph.
Yeah, I know, she has no idea which of us is DaDa, or that the sound even corresponds to a person. But STILL! All evening she's been babbling about DaDa and how great he is, and how he's so funny and so much fun. That, and talking to the kitties. I swear- what does a mommy have to do to get a little recognition from the child she carried safely for 9 long months! And let's not even go into the whole birth experience. And I just can't wait until she's a teenager.
In other news, Grace has been experimenting with finger foods- the Gerber Puffs are a favorite, and she is getting quite good at getting them into her mouth with her thumb and finger. She has 2 chompers coming in and is getting faster everyday with the army crawl. She can pull up on her crib with a little help, and we installed a better baby gate downstairs to contain her in the living room. She has a walker at Grandma's and gets around really well in it. She gets mad at home in her Exersaucer when it won't go anywhere! She had her first big-girl bath in the tub by herself last night- she was so cute! It is NOT easy to bend over the tub, but at least I can do it by myself, without needing Randy to get her out and dressed.
I was talking at dinner tonight about how I can't believe how fast babies learn stuff. She went from about 3 weeks ago not even being mobile, and now she's a wiz! I look so forward to the next milestone, then it passes in a blink and I am sad. I guess that's what we do from day one- maybe it gets easier as they get older?

No comments: