21 July 2009

A sentence??

I think I may have heard Gracie intentionally use a sentence today. I *think* she said "I want more cherries". The cherries were actually Craisins (she calls them cherries) that she was eating in the car, and she had started whining. I asked her what she wanted, and that was what she told me! This is a breakthrough in several ways. First, she actually STOPPED whining to answer my question, and second, she strung several words together to make a coherent sentence! Unfortunately for her, I didn't HAVE any more cherries. =(
She's at the age where she picks up new words almost daily. Her new favorite is "bus" and we have to look really hard when we're driving to spot buses. Of course, the UPS truck, tractor-trailers and SUVs are all "buses", so it isn't too hard. I cut out a picture of a bus from a magazine for her today, and she toted that picture throughout the Target with her. lol
She also surprised me today in pitching a fit when I dropped her off at Grandma's. She usually pays me no attention when I leave, and her Papa was even there this morning, but she still clung to me and cried "Mama! Mama!" over and over as I walked out the door. BROKE my heart.

No comments: