09 July 2009

It's about damn time

I am thrilled to report that after almost 18 months, Gracie is FINALLY saying Mama. Oh, it is music to my ears! She will even call after me now if I leave the room. She said it today when I got home (even though she didn't run to me like she does her daddy). I'm loving it.
She also continues to do well in her bed. She's fallen out (or gotten out) and gone back to sleep on the floor a couple times, but that hasn't fazed her.
She has a busy calendar this weekend- 2 birthday parties to attend! And Mama is making her first paid cake! So, it will be an interesting weekend.

2 comments:

tarheel4life said...

GO Gracie!!! That is great! And kudos, Sary on the cake!

Sherry said...

Well at least yours wasn't calling you "daddy" - yup, now Olivia has resorted to not only NOT calling me mama, but now she calls me daddy!