16 June 2009

No.

Gracie has a new word: no. Lovely. Almost anything you ask her, the answer, as she shakes her head, is no. Do you want to go to bed? No. Do you want to stay up? No. Can I have your wubby? No. Do you need to go bathroom? No. Tonight we did actually get an affirmative out of her when I asked if she wanted to take a bath. She promptly said "bath!" and made a beeline for our bedroom door. So maybe she does know what she wants... She has the sweetest little voice when she says no, however. She's not loud or forceful. Just very matter-of-fact. I'll have to get it on video.
We went to Olivia's 1st birthday party on Sunday- Gracie had a blast! There were several other kids her age there, and she got to play with all of Olivia's toys, some balloons, bubbles and the water tables. She was SOAKED from the water table! Check out Sherry's Blog for some pics and video.
We're still going strong with the potty training. We had voluntary poop in the potty for the first time this weekend. I couldn't believe it. We're to the point that as long as we remind her to go (or lead her to the potty or toilet) fairly regularly, we're good to go. I got a new travel potty seat that is padded and fits much better on differently shaped toilets, so I'm excited about that.
Not much else going on. I don't know if I've posted about this, but it looks like I'm going to be teaching science next year, which I am very excited about. I got to do some shopping for my lab last week, and today they gave me a laptop and LCD projector to use. But things change at the drop of a hat anymore, so nothing is set in stone quite yet.

No comments: