28 June 2009

Clopening

I have been really busy lately, and haven't updated the blog in quite a while. It is clopening time at school- when we have one week to close this year and open next year. And with me, it has been a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to do too many things at once: plan for my science lab, wrap up some computer projects, gather materials, organize carpool, work on schedules for the scheduling committee... as well as dealing with life at home. Luckily, not a lot has been going on at home.
We finally got a toybox for the living room. Most of the toys actually fit in it, too! We've put the pack-n-play in Gracie's room for now (since it no longer must function as a toybox). We want to convert her bed to the toddler bed here soon, and in case she freaks out, we can just put her to sleep in the pack-n-play temporarily. I have a feeling that she will do just fine with the transition. She's a good sleeper, and I'm hoping that she won't realize that she can get out of the toddler bed and play in her room all night. We'll see, though.
We have 2 more days of school. Then 2 workdays, a day off, a weekend (July 4th), a workday, and then the first day of school. I will have 3 workdays to get moved into my new room, set up, meet with all the grade levels and start planning. I also have schedules to finish, a cafeteria to rearrange, and carpool stuff to finish. Ugh. Wish me luck!

No comments: