28 March 2009

Monkey Joe's

I was inspired by Becca's blog to take Gracie to our local Monkey Joe's- she said Drew had a good time, so I figured we would enjoy it, too!  Monkey Joe's is a kids' playgym full of inflatable playground-thingies.  Bounce houses and slides and obstacle courses, etc.  It was all rainy today, so the place was VERY crowded, unfortunately, but we tried it anyway.  Kids under 3 get in for $5, and parents are free.  They have an area just for toddlers, but I took her in some of the other things, and on the slide, too!  Randy was very nervous about the other kids being too rough, but I made sure to stay with her and protect her from them.  She really has NO fear.  She kept trying to walk and bounce around, but didn't have much luck if other kids were near.  She loved the big slide, and we even let her go down by herself!  Once we'd been in a couple things we let her walk around and she headed straight for the toddler area- climbed on in and was off!  I got a couple cute pics of her in there, and a short video.  We had a great time, but boy is it hard to haul her around in all that stuff!  I was worn OUT.  Here's a couple videos and pics from today.  I highly recommend the place, but try to go when it's less crowded- a rainy Saturday is NOT a good time!

Gracie in the toddler area:

Gracie and Daddy on the slide

Gracie goes solo!

In other recent news, I am going into my third week of first grade student teaching.  It has been stressful, but going well.  It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to write lesson plan after lesson plan- all long ones, too, with all the steps.  Emily is great at helping me sort out what we want to do, but then I have to get busy writing all the needless plans.  It's just very time consuming.  The kids are pretty good for the most part, and I've already been observed by my university supervisor once, and she was very complimentary.  I will be glad to get back to my computer lab, though!
I'm still very nervous about finding a job for next year.  This economy crap has GOT to start improving.
3 weeks til Vegas, baby!!

No comments: