19 November 2008

Madam Crankypants

We had one of those rare nights of Gracie crankydom tonight. It started off on a bad foot when I picked her up from Grandma's, as she had evidently chomped down too hard on a hairbrush she was playing with and hurt her mouth. She was upset from that when I put her in the car, and thus didn't really take her drive-home nap. She fell asleep as we were pulling in the neighborhood, so I sat in the car and let her sleep about 15 minutes when I got home. Evidently, that wasn't enough. So she was fussy and agitated all evening. Nothing was good enough for her, nothing entertained her for long, and she kept trying to get into stuff she shouldn't be into, so I had to keep redirecting her. Sheesh. And getting PJs on her and ready for bed was more of a battle than it normally is. I ended up stuffing her bottle in her mouth as she was mid-cry, which is just not a good way to end the night for me. Poor kid. Oh! And we think she's full-time teething again, which doesn't help. I sure hope tomorrow is better. Most nights we barely have to look at her to get her to laugh, but we heard very few giggles tonight. Sad. =(
This pic wasn't tonight- it was a couple nights ago when Grant, Sherry and Olivia stopped by to play. Evidently in this pic Olivia had pawed at Gracie and pissed her off, and Olivia started crying because Gracie was crying. But this is indicative of how we all felt tonight...
They're even cute when they're mad, though!

No comments: