14 August 2007

Hormones...

I've been having some conflicting thoughts lately. Mainly fleeting ones, at that, but conflicting none the less. One moment I'll look at my belly (which for now I wish was larger but I know in a few months I'll want to shoot myself for EVER thinking I wanted it larger) and be so excited and happy about being pregnant. Then, a moment later, I'll think, "What in the hell is wrong with me?? Why did I ever want to be pregnant, and put my body through this, and what am I gonna look like and feel like in 4 months or so? Can I take it back?" Then, it's almost like I come back to my senses and wonder why I just thought those things. And I'll start thinking about finding out the sex (3 weeks to go!) and holding the little newborn and introducing him/her to everyone and everything else and I'm back to excited mode. I guess this is normal? I've heard the hormones are crazy and I haven't had any major crying episodes or anything (except for OnStar commercials for some reason) so I guess if this is how they are going to affect me I should just be grateful and get used to it.
That said, besides some headaches lately, I'm doing fine. I get a pain in my lower back if I sit on a hard surface for too long, and sleeping is getting interesting now. And if the peeing every 5 minutes doesn't stop soon I'm going to go insane! Sorry. A few gripes.
I got my hair cut and colored this weekend. It looks SO much better. I went to a real salon and it was totally worth it- the girl did a great job. So, a shoutout to Rose at The Spa by Mitchell's. I actually look older now, so maybe people won't see me in Wal-mart and wonder why a 14 year old is pregnant. Let's hope, anyway. =)

1 comment:

tarheel4life said...

oh honey, get used to the hormones. The greatest thing (insert sarcastic face here...) is when you are driving down the road and hear a song and cry and sob hysterically and then pull up next to another car.

Hahaha. Let's just say, you will have the sympathy of a total stranger for at least that moment!!!