10 April 2007

Some frigid fun from the weekend

So, this was our Easter weekend. We went to Busch Gardens and King's Dominion with Grant and Sherry. It was insanely COLD!!! We are insane, because we went anyway. That, my friends, is indeed SNOW. We planned to go to Kings Dominion first, on Saturday, then spend the night in Williamsburg and go to Busch Gardens Sunday. But KD was closed on Saturday (we found out when we GOT there!) because of the cold, so we drove on over to BG and they were open. The coasters didn't open until it stopped snowing (the freaking log flume and Escape from Pompeii water/boat/soaking wet ride were RUNNING! and idiots were RIDING!), but they did open and we got to ride. There weren't any lines, at least! KD was also cleared out on Sunday (we were so bundled up!!!) and of course the 2 best rides, Volcano and Hypersonic XLC (which I have NEVER gotten to ride!!) were down. Poo. I did conquer my fear of drop rides as I rode the Drop Zone 300 ft. ride twice! Go me! It wasn't so bad.
We had fun. We're definitely getting too old for that kind of thing. We were all so sore on Monday.


Here's our entry photo to Busch Gardens:

Here's our ride photo on Apollo- yeah, that's me behind the scarf. I have no idea what my dear hubby was doing! Grant was "yarfing" into his hat!!


No comments: